Thursday, February 6, 2014

Wonderfarm Bird's Nest White Fungus Drink

I saw this in the soda/juice section of an Asian grocery store and I new I had to try it. I don't think it's a soda, but look at it. How could I not try a drink with the name "Wonderfarm Bird's Nest White Fungus Drink"

And for the record the ingredients list says it contains "water" "rock sugar" "white fungus" and yes "bird nest". Not sure what kind of bird nests. But if nothing else, this should be interesting, and will mean I'm also eating bird poop, probably?

Appearance



I really like the can design! The color choices are cute, and the frame around the name is neat, and the little detailing around the border. It's a really classic design.

Appearance Score

7/10, the little birds are cute too

Taste

It smells a little bit like milkis, the yogurt soda. It has a mild sweet smell to it. The first sip was really good. Great, in fact! It was sweet, and mild and nice. The second sip was not nearly as nice. The taste changed dramaticly and I got a chunk of something. I have no idea what. It tastes like sweet coconut water left out in the sun for a week. It's pretty sweet, but in a gross old way. It tastes a little rotten. It's interesting, but I'm not a big fan.
 I poured it out into the sink, and I wish I had taken a picture. The chunks were huge! And they looked like flaked off pig skin! Or sunburn peelings. I'm glad it was in an opaque can, otherwise I probably wouldn't have drank it.

Taste Score

3/10. Pretty gross

No comments:

Post a Comment